ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Want to work for a vibrant, growing company that’s providing fiber-optic internet service to local communities? ValleyNet is hiring! Working through ValleyNet, the operating company of ECFiber, you’ll be part of a team of dedicated people that is designing, constructing and installing fiber optic cable with the goal of reaching every home and business in the East Central Vermont, White River Valley area.
ValleyNet is looking for an Accounts Receivable clerk, full-time or part-time, to assist with accounts receivable duties for a fast growing customer-base. We offer competitive pay and a generous benefit package. The person in this position will be responsible for, or participate in:
- Posting customer payments by recording and processing checks and credit card transactions.
- Preparing reports and bank deposits.
- Developing lists based on company policy for customer disconnections for non-payment and coordinating those disconnections on a monthly basis.
- Sending out late notices and disconnection notices on a scheduled basis.
- Communicating with customers via phone and email, requesting payments and arranging payment plans and reconnections.
- Performing account reconciliations.
- Managing returned payments, credit card expiration notices and echeck and credit card input errors.
- Researching and resolving payment discrepancies and processing billing adjustments.
- Supporting other accounting and finance team members.
- All other duties deemed necessary in the administration of Accounts Receivable responsibilities.
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures.
- Ability to provide courteous, efficient service to customers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Google drive.
- 1+ year of accounts receivable and/or general accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and a degree or certification in Accounting is desirable.
If interested in applying for the position please submit a resume, cover letter, and your salary desires along with a completed online application form HERE. You can also download and print an application form HERE, and submit it with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or via USPS mail to Human Resources, ValleyNet, P.O. Box 323, So. Royalton, VT 05068.